The Career Navigator (CN) is a critical team member of the â€śMeaningful Jobs Initiativeâ€ť project at WORK Inc., in collaboration with the May Institute. This innovative project will train individuals with ASD to seek and obtain employment with an employer partner in the security field. The CN will work directly with the program participants through the referral and selection process, providing systematic instruction, interviewing preparation, job training and follow along supports. The CN will work closely with employer representative to facilitate natural support on the job and will receive consultation from the Behavioral Analysts to coordinate any clinical supports.
1. Work collaboratively with designated May Institute and WORK Inc. management staff to execute the project.
2. Market candidates and facilitate screening process for participation in project
3. Develop training curriculum/procedures based on job analysis in consultation with Behavioral Analysist and in consultation with Marc Gold Associates.
4. Use Systematic Instruction Training to ensure that all participants are trained in all aspects of the job title
5. Prepare candidate for job interview with Security Firm based on unique requirements and interviewing process
6. Participate in Systematic Instruction Training
7. Identify and cultivate natural supports within employment environments
8. Participate in interagency planning to ensure project deliverables
9. Liaison with security firm regarding coordination of onboarding and on the job support
10. Promote the Meaningful Jobs Initiative and participate in all related trainings, meetings and presentations as necessary
11. Assess consumer satisfaction through formal assessments and informal feedback.
1. Bachelorâ€™s Degree in rehabilitation, Special Education, social work, business administration, human resource development, or relevant field
2. Three years full-time employment working to match individuals with needs in the workforce, as well as experience working with individuals with disabilities and/or other barriers to employment.
3. Ability to relate to a broad range of individuals including clients, colleagues, and corporate decision makers.
4. Commitment to high quality customer services
5. Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
6. Competent in Microsoft Office, data management, and social media
7. Valid driverâ€™s license and reliable vehicle required.